The community at First Presbyterian Church of New Canaan is inclusive; families of all faiths, denominations and orientations are welcome. We also recognize that “family” means different things to different people, and we welcome families of all shapes and sizes at FPCNC.
Our Children’s Ministries’ mission is to glorify God by supporting families with children, from birth through 6th grade, in leading them to live spiritually, to love inclusively, to learn continuously, and to leave a legacy. As such we:
- Provide each child with a safe, nurturing and stimulating learning environment
- Provide an engaging curriculum for children ages 3 through 6th grade that encourages children to learn and remember the Bible stories
- Cultivate a community where children feel comfortable asking questions, having doubts and knowing that all ideas are welcome
- Create opportunities to foster lasting relationships with teachers, clergy and other church members
Our Youth Ministries serve youth from 6th grade through their senior year of high school and beyond, empowering them to live spiritually, to love inclusively, to learn continuously, and to leave a legacy. As such we:
- Create an engaging space for youth to develop into young adults with a commitment to their spirituality who ask BIG questions about God, justice, and service.
- Provide opportunities for further learning, including confirmation class, Bible studies, and more!
- Enjoy fun fellowship-driven activities, where youth can connect with each other and develop lasting friendships
- Serve our communities along the way!
WELCOME TO FPC CHILDREN’S MINISTRY!
Children’s Worship – What Is It?
Our children ages PreK-6th grade are invited to attend Children’s Worship during the sermon portion of the 10 am worship. Child care is provided for children under 5 for the entirety of the 10am service. We have volunteers who during the sermon will take the children for a Bible lesson from the lectionary text for the day and some fun games and activities. This means parents and children will be hearing the same Gospel lesson each Sunday and can talk about it together at home! Children will return to be with parents after the chiming of the Bell.
What about Sunday School?
Currently, children are invited to participate in zoom Sunday School each week during the 11am coffee hour. This is a different dive into the lectionary text for the day, so children are welcome to participate in both Children’s Worship and Sunday School. Our Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry, Courtney Steininger, sends out a weekly email with information on zoom Sunday School, including materials your children might need (never anything fancy, but things like markers and paper) and other opportunities to connect with our Family Ministry Program. Contact her at email@example.com.