The community at First Presbyterian Church of New Canaan is inclusive; families of all faiths, denominations and orientations are welcome. We also recognize that “family” means different things to different people, and we welcome families of all shapes and sizes at FPCNC.
Our Children’s Ministries’ mission is to glorify God by supporting families with children, from birth through 6th grade, in leading them to live spiritually, to love inclusively, to learn continuously, and to leave a legacy. As such we:
- Provide each child with a safe, nurturing and stimulating learning environment
- Provide an engaging curriculum for children ages 3 through 6th grade that encourages children to learn and remember the Bible stories
- Cultivate a community where children feel comfortable asking questions, having doubts and knowing that all ideas are welcome
- Create opportunities to foster lasting relationships with teachers, clergy and other church members
Our Youth Ministries serve youth from 6th grade through their senior year of high school and beyond, empowering them to live spiritually, to love inclusively, to learn continuously, and to leave a legacy. As such we:
- Create an engaging space for youth to develop into young adults with a commitment to their spirituality who ask BIG questions about God, justice, and service.
- Provide opportunities for further learning, including confirmation class, Bible studies, and more!
- Enjoy fun fellowship-driven activities, where youth can connect with each other and develop lasting friendships
- Serve our communities along the way!
If you have any questions, please contact the church office at: email@example.com.
WELCOME TO FPC CHILDREN’S MINISTRY!
Pre-K to 7th Grade
A critical foundation for our children and youth. Children learn bible stories and engage in hands-on projects to develop and grow their faith. Older youth follow an age-appropriate curriculum in a format that encourages questions and discussion to develop their faith and to start to understand and wrestle with the complexities of spirituality and life. Children leave after the Young Disciples message and get picked up by their parent(s) at the end of the service.
Led by Kristie Godina, FPCNC parent, experienced Teacher, and Youth Leader.
Parent Liaisons: Kristie Godina, Lynn Jackson Quinn
Pre-K to 2nd Grade
Children learn faith-based songs to sing in worship, are introduced to fundamentals of pitch and rhythm, and use games, movement, and simple instruments. Key performances are in the Nativity Pageant, on Easter Sunday, and at other times during the school year. Get your child started early singing and “making beautiful music for the Lord”. Rehearsals are held for half an hour on Sundays after Church.
Directed by Sherry Tate, who has led our Cherubs for more than 25 years.
Parent Liaison: Charlotte Allen
YOUTH CHOIR & CHIMES
3rd Grade to 8th Grade
An opportunity for our Youth to have fun together, develop their singing skills, and learn the fundamentals of Chimes and Handbells with the opportunity to perform in a welcoming environment with no pressure. Musical performances are spaced periodically throughout the year. Rehearsals are on Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:15pm.
Directed by Terry Flanagan, our Director of Music and Fine Arts.
Parent Liaisons: Holly Coughlin, Brian Lombardi