The community at First Presbyterian Church of New Canaan is inclusive; families of all faiths, denominations and orientations are welcome.
Our Children’s Ministries’ mission is to glorify God by supporting families with children, from birth through 6th grade, in leading them to live spiritually, to love inclusively, to learn continuously, and to leave a legacy. As such we:
- Provide each child with a safe, nurturing and stimulating learning environment
- Provide an engaging curriculum for children ages 3 through 6th grade that encourages children to learn and remember the Bible stories
- Cultivate a community where children feel comfortable asking questions, having doubts and knowing that all ideas are welcome
- Create opportunities to foster lasting relationships with teachers, clergy and other church members
WELCOME TO FPC CHILDREN’S MINISTRY!
Sunday’s Cool – What Is It?
Our children ages PreK-6th grade are invited to join Sunday’s Cool during 10 am worship. We have a small children’s chapel and do fun games and activities based on the Spark Lectionary curriculum. This means parents and children will be hearing the same Gospel lesson each Sunday and can talk about it together at home!
What about worship?
In addition, one Sunday a month the young people will remain in worship with their families for the whole service. There will be activities for them to do, but we strongly feel that part of learning and growing in this community means being a part of worship, too.
For Younger Children & Babies – A Warm & Caring Environment
Childcare is available every Sunday beginning at 9:15am. Infants and toddlers are cared for by trained childcare professionals. We know how hard it is for little ones to be in new surroundings, so we have the same two caregivers each week. Parents are more than welcome to stay with their children until everyone feels comfortable.
Sunday’s Cool Schedule:
- Leave Worship
- Children’s Chapel
- The lighting of the candles
- Bible Lesson of the Day
- Fun Activity! games, songs, and/or crafts based on the bible lesson
- Closing: The Lord’s Prayer
- Return to Worship