We are so excited to regather as a church family this Sunday! The following are some facts that we hope you will consider as you decide whether or not to join us for the live service outside on the front lawn or online for a prerecorded service at our usual 10:00 hour.
Keeping our community healthy and safe is most important to us, so we are implementing the following safety procedures for Sunday’s service:
- Just a couple of things for you to do in preparation to be in person:
- We have updated the preregistration form to include the health form. This new form allows you to preregister, volunteer before, during, or after the service, and fill out the Health, Travel, and Exposure form. Click here for the form or call Tina at (203) 966-0002 M-F between the hours of 8:30 and 4:30.
- Upon arrival on Sunday, if you have not preregistered, you will be asked to complete the Mandatory Health, Travel, and Exposure Form. To save time, we encourage you to download the form here: and complete it just prior to going to 10 am service. Please note, one form is sufficient for each household. Temperature checks will be completed upon your arrival.
- Sunday’s worship service will be held outdoors on the lawn between the church and Oenoke Ridge. The church building will remain closed, which means there will be no restrooms available.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early so we can sign you in and perform the temperature checks.
- Masks are recommended to be worn for anyone over the age of 2, as recommended by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children/protect-children.html), but will be required for anyone age 6 and above. Think of wearing the masks as a way to show respect and care to those around you.
- Please bring your chair, blanket, and a pop-up tent. We will be requiring each family to sit together and be no closer than 6 feet from other families.
- For those who cannot easily transport chairs, we will have chairs available that are properly cleaned and placed 6 feet apart. Please let us know if we can reserve chairs for you and your family.
- Sadly, to ensure safety, only bottled water will be provided, but we invite you to pack a picnic.
- There will be some social time afterward the service to get to know Scott and Kim Herr (from a distance)!
A special note to our seniors: We live in ever-changing and serious times. Anyone over the age of 65 should think carefully about the wisdom of attending in-person. Anyone over 70 or 80 should seriously consider NOT attending. Of course, we want to be together with you, but because we love and care about you, we sure don’t want you to take any unnecessary health risks.
The preferred way to attend Sunday services for seniors during this deadly pandemic is to watch the online virtual service at 8 am or a recording of the early service sometime after 9:30 am. This will allow you to “attend” Sunday service without personal health risks to you or your family. The service can be seen at this website: Events.Locallive.tv/worship/fpcnc
Finally, we know that information changes quickly, but we are trying to be responsible and err on the side of caution. We hope these protocols will help you to make the best decision for you and your family.
On behalf of the whole Sunday Morning planning team, we look forward to worshipping together, both in-person and virtually. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.
Randy Ferguson, Serena Gillespie, and Scott Herr