The Director is one who can connect with and nurture our youth and children, guide them in their spiritual growth, and create a special place in the church for them. The Director will be part of a warm, welcoming, tight knit team of senior personnel who are leading by word and deed into the next season of realizing the church’s vision and agenda. The Director, Youth & Children’s Ministries reports directly to Senior Pastor Reverend Dr. R. Scott Herr, Head of Staff.
The Director has:
- Drive and enthusiasm to build an enticing program of events covering various age-ranges
- Collaboration skills to encourage participation and engage others to help
- Experience working in small teams, with a focus on youth and children’s programming
- Calling to take an important leadership role during a period of significant change
- Christian Education and Children’s Ministry:
- Provide weekly Children’s Worship to teach our children (pre-K-5th) about the major stories of the Bible, with special emphasis on a 3-year rotation of major Bible stories of the seasons and sacraments of the Christian year (Christmas, Easter, Pentecost, Baptism, Lord’s Supper, etc.).
- Organize and help run the major events Children’s Ministry provides (Rally Day, Harvest Fest, Advent workshop, March Madness, Movie Night, Egg hunt, etc.).
- Assist with Children’s Christmas Pageant.
- Organize Youth participation in regular Sunday worship.
- Assist with confirmation class.
- Provide leadership and build youth groups for middle and high school youth, emphasis on fellowship, mission, and spiritual growth.
- Organize junior and senior high summer mission trips. Provide a fall mission weekend (example: 30 Hr. Famine). Organize a winter retreat weekend (example: Ski Retreat).
- Co-Run and organize the youth committee (parent input and support for the activities).
- Assist in worship, as requested.
- Congregational Life
- Assist the Elder for Congregational Life and the Director of Music, as requested, in identifying youth to assist with the major fellowship events of the year.
- Mission Committee
- Youth liaison to the Mission and Outreach Committee.
- Assist the Elder for Mission and Outreach to organize, plan and execute mission events and programs which are meaningful and intergenerational.
- Other Duties may be assigned without regard to the Youth and Children’s Ministry duties and responsibilities.
For more information or to apply for this position, please email: FPCNC.Ministry.email@example.com