As the first point of contact for FPCNC and the New Canaan community; the Administrator should be a comfortable and clear communicator; should enjoy meeting new people and possess competency in problem solving for church members and staff. The Communications & Community Relations Administrator reports directly to Senior Pastor Reverend Dr. R. Scott Herr, Head of Staff.
The Communications & Community Relations Administrator has:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen well, engage a wide range of stakeholders, and positively represent FPCNC and its mission.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and stay on deadline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, familiarity with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop & InDesign, experience with social media platforms. Experience with WordPress and MailChimp preferred.
- Demonstrated passion, integrity, positive attitude and self-directed focus in previous roles.
- Sunday Bulletin – responsible for design, layout, printing and distribution weekly.
- Memorial/Special Event Bulletins – responsible for design, layout, printing and distribution
- Weekly Newsletter – Responsible for the content, creation, preparation and distribution of Tidings weekly digital newsletter, including soliciting articles/materials, determining features, writing copy, and enforcing deadlines.
- Website – Manage, maintain and regularly update FPCNC’s website and blogs. Respond to online requests for information/materials
- Email Marketing – on-going standalone email marketing for programs and events
- Collateral Materials & Advertising – responsible for brochures, flyers, posters, print/digital advertising, and mailings for a variety of programs and events; from creative design through publishing/printing/distribution.
- Social Media Marketing – Create and monitor ongoing engaging content for blogs, Facebook and Instagram. Monitor and optimize as necessary.
- Marketing asset management – create and manage photo/video library of content resources for all communications efforts.
- Maintain Breeze database of current members, lapsed members, staff, elders, and deacons to meet requirements of membership rolls, Church School, Session, and various committees.
- Prepare and file weekly attendance cards.
- Establish and maintain ‘prospect’ database of inquiries and visitors
- Create and distribute follow up information to visitors.
Office Management and Administrative Support
- Provide principal administrative support for the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff
- Keep church staff informed of member special needs such as deaths, illnesses and other important life events.
- Provide additional administrative support as necessary for Pastoral staff, Business + Facilities Administrator, Session and their committees. Such support normally includes correspondence, filing, copying and responsibility for:
- Monthly/Weekly calendar of key dates/events and deadlines for Leadership Team
- Staff attendance records (vacation and non-work) days
For more information or to apply for this position, please email: email@example.com