The Business & Facilities Administrator is a positive, pro-active, articulate, organized and approachable team player. He/she has excellent analytical and management skills, having led a small team in a people-intensive services firm such as a not-for-profit or church. The Administrator reports directly to the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff, works closely with the church’s Finance and Buildings & Grounds Committee, and supervises outside maintenance contractors. Primary manager and developer of the relationship with the tenant Nursery School.
The Business & Facilities Administrator has:
- Excellent bookkeeping and analytical skills and strong financial planning/management abilities and communicates information clearly.
- Well-honed interpersonal and strong organizational skills, attentive to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects and stay on deadline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and a willingness to learn and handle the church’s current financial management software and recommend improvements or replacement.
- Sufficient hardware/software competence and skills to manage the church’s network and personal computer support vendor
Oversee the financial affairs of the church:
- Ensure that appropriate, accurate and timely financial and membership records are maintained and reported, including:
- General ledger and posts all entries thereto, including payroll
- Bank accounts (including bank reconciliations for review by Finance Chair)
- Fixed Asset sub-ledger
- Membership statistics and Individual contribution records
- Investment and tax reporting
- Monthly income statements and balance sheets, plus investment and tax reports
- Maintain the chart of accounts for Operating Fund and Restricted (Endowment) Funds. Record contributions and deposits against the appropriate funds. Establish vendor files and track accounts payable. Process checks for payment weekly for signature by Finance Chair.
- Maintain a record of all contributions and pledges. Send statements to all members.
- Set up and maintain membership records in Shepherd’s Staff, recording all members of each household and keeping information current.
- Coordinate the preparation of the church’s annual operating budget, in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, Clerks of Session and the chair of the Finance Committee.
- Support the chairs of the church’s major program committees in developing financial input for the annual operating budget
- Oversee the Communications and Community Relations Administrator (whose primary responsibilities are to support the efforts of the Head of Staff/Senior Pastor).
- Produce monthly and quarterly actual financial reports, comparing to approved budgets.
- Support the church’s annual Stewardship Program.
- Evaluate and sign, with Finance Committee approval, financial commitments, and contracts.
- Maintain, and process payroll and related journal entries for the roster of employees.
- Ensure that appropriate and adequate insurance coverage is in place, including Workers’ compensation, Property/casualty, Liability and Disability, where applicable
- Collaborate with the chair of the Finance Committee in managing/supporting the church’s development program, including Bequests/memorials, deferred giving and Trust funds
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and report to meetings of relevant Session Committees.
- Coordinate annual external audit
Facilities, Grounds & Equipment
- Supervise maintenance and upkeep of all buildings, equipment, grounds, and landscaping.
- Arrange for the purchase or leasing of required equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate and schedule the outside use/rental of church facilities.
- Collaborate with the chair of the church’s Building and Grounds Committee to anticipate and plan for future development, renovation, and long-term maintenance of facilities.
- Maintain written records of Memorial Garden and Columbarium and provide for upkeep.
For more information or to apply for this position, please email email@example.com